1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Yummy traditional pudd! Make it on a cold winters day and enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- 2Beat in egg and vanilla.
- 3Combine the flour with the baking powder and sift together so they are well combined, and then lightly fold in the dry ingredients alternately with milk.
- 4Fold in fruit or nuts.
- 5Spoon the syrup into the base of a greased 4 cup pudding basin.
- 6Add the batter on top.
- 7On top of the pudding basin put 2 layers of foil, covering the top of the pudding.
- 8Grease the foil in contact with the pudding.
- 9You can tie string around the top of the basin to secure the foil and make a handle for lifting outof the hot water.
- 10Place the pudding basin in a large saucepan with enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the basin.
- 11To make this easy first put the pudding basin in a dry pot and then fill with boiling water from the kettle.
- 12Bring the water back to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer, covered for 1 1/2 hours.
- 13Lift the pudding from the water, remove foil and unmould pudding onto a serving plate.
- 14Serve it sliced in wedges with ice-cream, cream or custard.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steamed Syrup Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.4
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 87.7 mg
- Sodium 304.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 26.4 g
- Protein 6.1 g