1/2 Photos of Stir-Fried Eel With Black Bean
Peter J's Note:
Adaptation of a recipe from the BBC website, I have made it easier to cook using more common ingredients. I really enjoyed it but please look at the ingredients before cooking - it certainly won't be a 'crowd pleaser' and has a quite strong and distinctive taste. It serves one as a large dish, or two as an entree / light meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut eel into 2.5cm (1-inch) pieces and roll in cornflour.
- 2Mix garlic, ginger, sesame oil, black bean paste and chili flakes in a small bowl along with two tablespoons of water.
- 3Heat a wok until very hot.
- 4Add mixture closely followed by eel pieces and stir-fry for one minute.
- 5Add sherry, soy and onion and stir-fry around five minutes until eel is cooked.
- 6Serve with plain steamed rice.
Browse Our Top South West Pacific Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All South West Pacific Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir-Fried Eel With Black Bean
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 580.8
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 226.8 mg
- Sodium 449.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 35.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
black bean paste