From our local/state newpaper The West Australian in one of their special editions. Saving her to try in the future when lobster (crayfish) become a reasonable price. Times are estimated but have included marinating time preparation time. Serving for 2 is estimated as main with sides or as is an entree could extend to 4.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lobster (raw, crayfish)
- peanut oil (3 cups for frying- obviously all won't be used and will upset nutritional panel scores)
- 20 g ginger (cut into thick slices)
- 15 g spring onions (scallions cut into 5cm slices, white portion only)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons rice wine
- 1/2 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1Mix the marinade ingreditents together.
- 2Remove the meat from the tail and cut into bite size pieces and mix with the marinade for 5 to 10 minutes.
- 3Heat the peanut oil in a hot wok until the oil is smoking and then reduce to a medium heat.
- 4Add the lobster pieces to the oil and cook for 1 minute and then remove with a slotted spoon, drain and put to one side.
- 5Drain and reserve the oil from the wok, and wipe the wok clean.
- 6Put 2 tablespoons of the oil back in the wok and heat and then fry the ginger and spring onions for 30 seconds.
- 7Return the lobster to the wok and stir fry over a high heat for a few seconds and then add the salt, pepper, sugar, soy and wine and continue to stir fry quickly.
- 8Add the chicken stock, cover the wok with a lid and simmer for 1 minute.
- 9Stir in the cornflour slurry a little at a time until and thicken and the lobster is glazed to you liking.
- 10Serve immediately (would suggest over rice).
Browse Our Top Lobster Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir-Fried Lobster With Ginger and Spring Onions
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.5
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 98.8 mg
- Sodium 958.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 17.4 g