The idea of this recipe comes from Marie Claire Style Noodles by Jody Vassallo. If you like meat with your noodles you may add swordfish or chicken. Add it before the garlic, ginger and onions step. Other additions to this recipe could be a small can black beans and use garlic chives instead of chives
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, grated
- 6 spring onions or 6 green onions, cut into 3cms lengths
- 1 kg rice noodles, fresh - 2 cms thickness
- 2 tablespoons black bean sauce, bottled
- 2 tablespoons chinese rice wine (shao hsing)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chives, 5cm lengths
- Heat wok, add oil and stir-fry the garlic, ginger and spring onion for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the noodles and stir-fry until soft.
- Add the black bean sauce, chinese rice wine, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and seasame oil and stir-fry until the sauce boils and thickens slightly.
- Serve immediately and garnish with chives.