Australia loves creating fusion dishes using the best of ingredients and techniques from both East and West and the combination of garlic, shallots, ginger, sesame & hoisin sauce make this is a great expample. The name "yabby" refers to freshwater crayfish in Australia. However any types of crayfish, shrimp, or even lobster will work in this. Posted for Zaar World Tour
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs cooked yabbies or 2 lbs tiger shrimp, shelled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 ounces fresh gingerroot, cut into very thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 shallots, sliced
- 8 ounces fish stock or 8 ounces chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour (mixed with 1 tbsp cold water)
- 1 fresh chili pepper, very thinly sliced
- 1Heat the oils in a large saucepan or wok until very hot, add the ginger, garlic and shallots and stir fry 2 minutes.
- 2Add the stock, sauces and sugar, stir well, cover and cook over medium heat 5 minutes.
- 3Add cornflour mixture, stirring constantly and cook for 1-2 minutes, until sauce thickens.
- 4Add the Yabbies, stir well and cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- 5Serve immediately garnished with the thinly sliced chilli.
Browse Our Top Crawfish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crawfish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir Fried Yabbies With Ginger
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.9
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 259.3 mg
- Sodium 475.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 38.9 g