1/2 Photos of Strawberries in Balsamic Vinegar and Orange Sugar
I got this recipe from my daughter-in-law who got it from her mum, who got it for a friend and I plan to take it to my sister's for Christmas dinner. Don't like the sound of it? Great! More for me. Seriously, we had it last night and I could have eaten the whole dish on my own. This is one of those dishes that is made better by using good ingredients-our strawberries were fresh from the farm and beautiful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse strawberries to remove any grit, cut tops off .
- 2Put strawberries into a bowl and sprinkle with icing sugar and pepper.
- 3Chop mint finely and add to strawberries and mix well.
- 4Add Cointreau to the strawberry mix, cover and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- 5Zest oranges into a mortar & pestle, add the caster sugar and pound until a smooth orange sugar forms.
- 6Put 1/2 of this orange mix into a container, cover and place in the fridge until ready to serve. Place the other 1/2 and the cream into a bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form. Cover this and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- 7Just before serving, add the vinegar to the strawberries and mix together.
- 8Place the strawberries onto a long serving dish (straining the majority of the juice) and top with the cream mixture. Sprinkle the remainder of the orange sugar over the top of the cream – serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberries in Balsamic Vinegar and Orange Sugar
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.5
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 104.8 mg
- Sodium 29.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 26.3 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: