This is delightful...rave reviews for it. I obtained it from a Womans Day magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to moderate (180). Lightly grease a 4 cup ovenproof baking dish.
- 2Place 1/4 cup of the sugar, the cornflour and 100ml water in a saucepan and stir to combine. Add the pear, place over a medium heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for 4-5 minutes or until pear is tender. Remove from heat and stir through the strawberries.
- 3Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl, add remaining sugar and stir to combine. Whisk together the milk, butter, egg and vanilla extract. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until smooth and combined.
- 4Set aside 3/4 cup of the fruit mixture. Spoon the rest of the fruit mixture over the base of the prepared dish.
- 5Carefully pour the batter evenly over the fruit, then spoon the set aside fruit mixture over the batter.
- 6Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- 7Set aside to cool slightly.
- 8Serve with thick cream or ice cream.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry and Pear Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.2
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 82.6 mg
- Sodium 168.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 32.5 g
- Protein 4.5 g