Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great and simple dish. Got the recipe from my favourite seafood restaurant in Singapore
Make and share this Stuffed Monkfish Tail recipe from Food.com.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully cut down each side of the central bone of the Monkfish to leave 2 fillets. Wash and dry the fillets.
- Lay the proscuitto or bacon slices widthwise on a clean work surface so that they overlap slightly.
- Lay the fish fillets lengthwise on top of the ham or bacon so that the two cut sides face up.
- Mix together the chopped herbs and lemon rind. Season well. Pack this mixture onto the cut surface of one of the Monkfish fillet. Press the 2 fillets together and wrap tightly with the ham or bacon. secure with string or toothpicks.
- Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof frying pan and place the fish in the pan, seam side down first, and brown the wrapped Monkfish tail all over.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 400F for 25 min until golden brown and the fish is tender. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 min before slicing thickly.
- Serve with shredded stir-fried vegetables and potatoes.