This is a great and simple dish. Got the recipe from my favourite seafood restaurant in Singapore
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a sharp knife, carefully cut down each side of the central bone of the Monkfish to leave 2 fillets. Wash and dry the fillets.
- 2Lay the proscuitto or bacon slices widthwise on a clean work surface so that they overlap slightly.
- 3Lay the fish fillets lengthwise on top of the ham or bacon so that the two cut sides face up.
- 4Mix together the chopped herbs and lemon rind. Season well. Pack this mixture onto the cut surface of one of the Monkfish fillet. Press the 2 fillets together and wrap tightly with the ham or bacon. secure with string or toothpicks.
- 5Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof frying pan and place the fish in the pan, seam side down first, and brown the wrapped Monkfish tail all over.
- 6Cook in a preheated oven at 400F for 25 min until golden brown and the fish is tender. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 min before slicing thickly.
- 7Serve with shredded stir-fried vegetables and potatoes.
Browse Our Top South West Pacific Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All South West Pacific Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Monkfish Tail
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.3
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 18.8 mg
- Sodium 13.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 10.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: