Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great little nibbles! Make vegetarian by putting in some corn and vegemite, or just leave the bacon out. You can add some onion and garlic maybe too; perhaps some thyme would be also nice. You can stuff them a few hours before baking. From Women's Weekly, not sure which one. Aussie measurements. I use cherry tomatoes and put a slice on top.
- Remove stems from mushrooms.
- Remove rind from bacon, chop bacon finely.
- Heat pan, add bacon, cook until golden brown.
- Remove pan from heat, add grated cheese, mustard and breadcrumbs, mix well.
- Add lightly beaten egg and milk, parsley and salt and pepper, mix until well combined.
- Fill stuffing into cavity of mushrooms. You can be generous! Squash the filling over the top.
- Cut extra cheese slices into 1cm squares. Slice tomato, cut each slice into segments.
- Place one slice of cheese and one tomato segment on each mushroom.
- Place mushrooms on oven trays, bake in moderately hot oven 8 minutes or until cheese has melted.