Great little nibbles! Make vegetarian by putting in some corn and vegemite, or just leave the bacon out. You can add some onion and garlic maybe too; perhaps some thyme would be also nice. You can stuff them a few hours before baking. From Women's Weekly, not sure which one. Aussie measurements. I use cherry tomatoes and put a slice on top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove stems from mushrooms.
- 2Remove rind from bacon, chop bacon finely.
- 3Heat pan, add bacon, cook until golden brown.
- 4Remove pan from heat, add grated cheese, mustard and breadcrumbs, mix well.
- 5Add lightly beaten egg and milk, parsley and salt and pepper, mix until well combined.
- 6Fill stuffing into cavity of mushrooms. You can be generous! Squash the filling over the top.
- 7Cut extra cheese slices into 1cm squares. Slice tomato, cut each slice into segments.
- 8Place one slice of cheese and one tomato segment on each mushroom.
- 9Place mushrooms on oven trays, bake in moderately hot oven 8 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Mushroom Appetizers
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 58.3
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 16.9 mg
- Sodium 90.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 2.9 g