7 hrs 30 mins
This recipe came from 'Joan Bishop's New Zealand Crockpot and Slow Cooker Cookbook'. This whole roast chicken is very quick to prepare and comes out tender and juicy. The author suggests if you don't have time to make the stuffing, to place an apple in the cavity. Serve with mashed potato and green vegetables. The author suggests cooking in a crockpot on low for 7-9 hours or on high for 4 hours, or if using a slow cooker, cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3 1/2-4 hours. I have a slow cooker so that is the time I've put on the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 kg whole chickens
- 1Place all the stuffing ingredients, excluding paprika, in a bowl and lightly mix together. If the mixture is too crumbly, a little water or lemon juice may be added. Avoid making the stuffing too moist.
- 2Stuff the chicken cavity lightly with this mixture and secure the openings with toothpicks.
- 3Place the chicken in the cooker, breast down.
- 4Put the paprika in a small fine sieve and sprinkle it gently and evenly over the chicken.
- 5Cover with the lid and cook following the times and setting above in the description.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Roast Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1177.6
- Calories from Fat 770
- Total Fat 85.5 g
- Saturated Fat 26.4 g
- Cholesterol 380.2 mg
- Sodium 496.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 87.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of