1/7 Photos of Sugar Glazed Kumara ( Sweet Potato )
A great veggie side for a roast or grill. Regular potatoes can be used for this dish or a mixture of kumara and potatoes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add the peeled and chopped kumara to a saucepan of boiling water. Boil for 10 minutes, or until just tender. Drain.
- 2Heat the oil in a frypan. Add the sugar and stir over a low heat until lightly golden.
- 3Add the kumara in a single layer and cook until evenly coated with the glaze and heated through. Be as gentle as possibe when moving the kumara (this is to keep it looking in good shape). Shake the pan regularly to keep the kumara from sticking to the pan.
- 4Sprinkle with salt and serve.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugar Glazed Kumara ( Sweet Potato )
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.9
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 479.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 2.6 g