Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great veggie side for a roast or grill. Regular potatoes can be used for this dish or a mixture of kumara and potatoes
- 500 g kumara, peeled and chopped (1 lb)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sea salt
- Add the peeled and chopped kumara to a saucepan of boiling water. Boil for 10 minutes, or until just tender. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a frypan. Add the sugar and stir over a low heat until lightly golden.
- Add the kumara in a single layer and cook until evenly coated with the glaze and heated through. Be as gentle as possibe when moving the kumara (this is to keep it looking in good shape). Shake the pan regularly to keep the kumara from sticking to the pan.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve.
Great technique! You should try this. I'll even throw in a free potato peeler and parer and wait, if you respond in the next 10 seconds, you'll get a second set free! Made for A-NZ #51 recipe tag.
What a nice side. The yummy candied glaze on these sweet potatoes makes them almost a dessert. As a rule I like my sweet potatoes made with savory seasonings. So tagged this recipe for DH who likes his sweet potatoes sweet. Thus I was surprised by how much I did liked this recipe. Made as written cutting down to two servings. Thanks for the post.
Oh, this was so good! It was so easy to make and turned out perfect. I will definitely make this again and again. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT7-Pacific Islands.