A yummy gourmet spin on the traditional Quiche Lorraine. You can make 1 large quiche, or mini quiches- just make sure you lessen the cooking time for mini quiche. You can add spring onion for flavour, or finely chopped bacon. This is such and easy dish to make, takes very little time. Serves 4-6 with salad, great picnic treat!
- preheat moderate oven. Line greased pie dish with shortcrust pastry, ensuring the sides are covered also.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes, meanwhile whisk together cream and eggs in a jug. Season to taste with black pepper.
- Remove pastry from oven, cover bottom of pastry with olives and sundried tomatoes. Pour cream mixture over tomatoes and olives.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over top, bake for 30 minutes or more. Check regularly by putting a knife into centre of quiche. When knife comes out clean, quiche is baked.
- You can also cook this in the microwave, haven't tried it personally but it can be done!