1/2 Photos of Sweet and Sour Beef
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
A very tasty dish, easy to put together and good enough for company. Nearly cooks itself :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 750 g steak, large dice (topside or blade)
- 75 g butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 400 g pineapple chunks (drained)
- 1 medium onion
- 420 g vegetable soup (undiluted)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vinegar (I use white, brown or cider, whatever I have )
- 250 g fresh bean sprouts (or one can, drained)
- 1 tablespoon flour, in 1/4 cup water (I use corn flour)
- 1In a large heavy pan, brown the meat in the butter, turn down the heat and add the onion (chopped).
- 2Cook till the onion is soft.
- 3Add the soup, sauces, sugar and vinegar.
- 4Add salt and pepper is desired.
- 5Cover and cook slowly for 90 minutes.
- 6Add drained pineapple and sprouts.
- 7Thicken with flour and water mix if desired.
- 8Serve with rice or noodles.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Beef
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.2
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 54.6 mg
- Sodium 804.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 47.0 g
- Protein 9.8 g