My 'zaar buddy Terese found this for me in Australian Women's Day. Thanks Terese!
Make and share this Sweet Chilli Pork in Lettuce Cups recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 400 g pork mince
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup fish sauce
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1⁄2 cup coarsley chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons fried shallots, plus extra to serve
- 1 long red chili, thinly sliced
- 8 iceberg lettuce leaves
- lime wedge, to serve
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan on high. Stir-fry pork and garlic for 4-5 minutes, breaking up lumps with the back of a spoon, until browned.
- Add sugar, fish sauce and leaves. Simmer for 3-4 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Add coriander, peanuts, shallots and chilli. Stir-fry for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Spoon into lettuce cups. Sprinkle with extra fried shallots. Serve with lime wedges.