sweet daddy apples's Note:
Completely custom curry invented by Justin and Christy. We threw in a bit of everything and it turned out awesome! :) Enjoy Ps: CG4JT
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
curry powder (makes a lot used it all)
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 1/2 kg stewing beef, chopped 2cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 butternut squash, chopped 1 . 5 cm cubes
- 30 ml oil
- 375 ml beef stock
- 1Heat oil in a large cooking pot and add in the onion, garlic and ginger, fry 10-15 minutes or until onions are soft and brown.
- 2Add the beef and tomato and cook until brown.
- 3Add the curry powder and the chopped green chilies.
- 4Add beef stock and allow to simmer for 30min or until pumpkin is soft.
- 5Add in the jam, honey and salt to taste.
- 6Served with brown rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet N' Spicy Beef & Pumpkin Curry
Serving Size: 1 (491 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 776.8
- Calories from Fat 484
- Total Fat 53.8 g
- Saturated Fat 20.2 g
- Cholesterol 167.1 mg
- Sodium 352.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 48.7 g