1/2 Photos of Sweet Pepper Relish(Heinz)
From Heinz Successful Pickling Guide, this is a good recipe! If you want it a little hot, add in some hot peppers. This is a canning recipe but you could half the recipe and use it in the fridge. Makes great gifts too.If you half the recipe, you will have about 1 quart.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 medium green bell peppers
- 6 medium red bell peppers (or mix and match as needed, yellow and orange peppers are good in here too)
- 3 medium onions
- 2 -4 hot chili peppers (jalapeno, habanero, serrano) (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon pickling salt
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1Wash, core, and seed peppers. In a food processor(or food grinder), grind peppers and onions.
- 2In a 6-8 quart saucepot, combine vegetables and remaining ingredients, mix well.
- 3Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring occasionally. Boil 25-30 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- 5At this point you may put in containers and refrigerate if not canning. You could probably freeze this, although I have not tried that.
- 6Immediately fill hot pint or half pint jars with mixture, leaving 1/2' headspace.
- 7Carefully run a nonmetallic utensil down inside of jars to remove trapped air bubbles.
- 8Wipe jar tops and threads clean. Place lids on jars and screw bands on firmly. Process pints or half pints in boiling water canner for 15 minutes.
- 9Makes 3-4 pints or 6-8 half pints.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Pepper Relish(Heinz)
Serving Size: 1 (2542 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 599.6
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2357.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 138.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.4 g
- Sugars 120.8 g
- Protein 6.6 g