A magazine find I'm storing here to try soon.
Make and share this Sweet Potato and Chickpea Patties recipe from Food.com.
- Place sweet potato on a microwave-safe plate in a single layer, cover and microwave on high for about 4 minutes or until just tender.
- Transfer to a bowl, add chickpeas and mash until almost smooth.
- Add the couscous, garam masala, garlic, egg salt and pepper.
- Using damp hands, form into 8 patties about 3/4 inch thick.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat and cook patties 3-4 minutes each side or until golden and heated through.
- Combine yoghurt and chutney in a small bowl. Serve patties with mango yoghurt and salad leaves.
O'kay made this as per recipe, though making it into 16 mini patties (though did not use the greek yogurt mango chutney mix but used Avocado Butter Spread at the DM's request) and the DM was ecstatic when I served (6 patties - 3 in the wrap with baby cos lettuce, sliced tomato and diced cucumer and 3 on the side with a fine slice of Avocado Butter Spread on top and she ate everything - a real winner and I think the same would happen if I used the yoghurt mix. Thank You JustJanS made for Edition 8 - Make My Recipe.
I added cooked couscous and the mixture was very 'damp' so they were not really pattie, more like blobs. Taste was great though!
Very nice. I didn't have couscous and it turned out fine. I cheated and used a food processor to mash. I made really tiny patties, and put them into a mini pita pocket along with some onion raita (instead of greek yogurt). Delicious, cute, and relatively easy recipe.