From Mouthwatering Munchies
Make and share this Sweet Potato and Salmon Quiche recipe from Food.com.
- 250 g sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 3 sheets phyllo pastry
- 210 g red salmon, drained, skin and bones removed
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- dressed salad leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place sweet potato, in a single layer, on tray. Spray with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes or until tender and golden.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray with oil. Add onions, garlic and spinach. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat.
- Reduce oven to 180°C Spray a 20cm (base) round springform pan with oil. Spray 1 pastry sheet with oil and fold in half crossways. Place pastry sheet in pan to line base and sides. Repeat with remaining pastry (see note).
- Spoon sweet potato over pastry base. Spoon over spinach mixture. Place salmon in a bowl and flake with a fork. Spoon salmon and feta over spinach mixture. Whisk eggs, milk and salt and pepper in a jug. Pour over filling.
- Bake quiche for 40 minutes or until set. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Release sides of pan. Slice quiche and serve with salad.
- Note: Lining with filo pastry: Working quickly, spray 1 sheet with oil (cover remaining sheets with damp tea towel). Fold in half to form a rectangle. Place in pan. Repeat with remaining sheets, layering crossways to completely cover side of pan.