1/1 Photo of Sweet & Sour Chicken Kebeb with Peanut Dipping Sauce
Ian Snell's Note:
This dish is quite versatile as it can be baked in an oven, grilled or BBQ'd. I usually cook up a swag of them as entrees to nibble on while I prepare a main, especially at a 'Barbie'.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 kg boneless chicken breasts
- 30 small skewers, 200 mm long
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/3 cup oriental sweet and sour sauce
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup kikkoman teriyaki sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1Cut chicken breasts lengthwise into strips 25mm (1 inch) wide.
- 2Using one hand to secure chicken, press skewer down the length of one strip.
- 3Repeat with remaining strips.
- 4Place skewers in a glass baking dish and set aside.
- 5Combine sherry, Teriyaki sauce and sweet and sour sauce in a small bowl.
- 6Add garlic, lemon juice and honey; blend thoroughly.
- 7Pour marinade over skewered chicken, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, turning once.
- 8When ready to cook, drain marinade from the chicken, reserving marinade.
- 9Arrange skewers directly on a wire rack in a baking dish, being careful not to pack them too tightly together.
- 10Set heat to 200°C and cook in oven for 10 minutes, or simply BBQ or grill them until done.
- 11In the meantime, prepare the dipping sauce.
- 12Combine peanut butter, lemon juice, chicken broth and remaining marinade in a saucepan.
- 13Bring to the boil over medium-high heat.
- 14Reduce heat and simmer sauce for 10 minutes, or just until sauce begins to thicken.
- 15To serve, arrange chicken skewers on serving platter& serve dipping sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet & Sour Chicken Kebeb with Peanut Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (2497 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.7
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 32.0 mg
- Sodium 215.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 12.8 g