picks a pizza pocket or two. preparation 30 minutes ( plus rising time) Calzone may be frozen raw, then baked when required. They can be frozen for three months
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine first five ingredients in a large bowl and mix to form a soft dough. Turn dough on to a floured board and ,knead until 'springy' ( about five minutes).
- 2Place dough into oiled bowl, cover with a tea towel and put in a warm place for 40 minutes, or until doubled in size. turn on to floured board and knead for minutes.
- 3Dived dough into four and roll each into a circle. Spread with tomato paste and top each with cheese slices.
- 4Lightly fry leek and bacon. Add pumpkin and cook for three or four minutes. cool slightly then spoon filling into dough circles and sprinkle with oregano.
- 5Moisten edges of dough then fold over filling to form half circles. Pinch to seal. Place calzone on greased trays, Brush with milk and bake at 190 deg for 20 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swiss Cheese Calzone (Pizza Pocket) OAMC
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 441.0
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 49.0 mg
- Sodium 645.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 15.3 g