Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
picks a pizza pocket or two. preparation 30 minutes ( plus rising time) Calzone may be frozen raw, then baked when required. They can be frozen for three months
- Combine first five ingredients in a large bowl and mix to form a soft dough. Turn dough on to a floured board and ,knead until 'springy' ( about five minutes).
- Place dough into oiled bowl, cover with a tea towel and put in a warm place for 40 minutes, or until doubled in size. turn on to floured board and knead for minutes.
- Dived dough into four and roll each into a circle. Spread with tomato paste and top each with cheese slices.
- Lightly fry leek and bacon. Add pumpkin and cook for three or four minutes. cool slightly then spoon filling into dough circles and sprinkle with oregano.
- Moisten edges of dough then fold over filling to form half circles. Pinch to seal. Place calzone on greased trays, Brush with milk and bake at 190 deg for 20 minutes or until golden.
I used this recipe just for the dough and made my own pizza sauce and fillings. Please note the quantity of plain flour is totally wrong! I initially used 1/2 cup like the recipe states but it made a runny batter not a dough.... I added another 1/2 cup to make a sticky dough, and then probably another 1/2 whilst i was kneading it in order to get the right doughiness. I would suggest using 1 1/2 cups plain flour from the start. Whilst having a great texture and fluffiness it didnt have an awful lot of flavour, so next time I'll add a generous pinch of salt or two.