Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
picks a pizza pocket or two. preparation 30 minutes ( plus rising time) Calzone may be frozen raw, then baked when required. They can be frozen for three months
- Combine first five ingredients in a large bowl and mix to form a soft dough. Turn dough on to a floured board and ,knead until 'springy' ( about five minutes).
- Place dough into oiled bowl, cover with a tea towel and put in a warm place for 40 minutes, or until doubled in size. turn on to floured board and knead for minutes.
- Dived dough into four and roll each into a circle. Spread with tomato paste and top each with cheese slices.
- Lightly fry leek and bacon. Add pumpkin and cook for three or four minutes. cool slightly then spoon filling into dough circles and sprinkle with oregano.
- Moisten edges of dough then fold over filling to form half circles. Pinch to seal. Place calzone on greased trays, Brush with milk and bake at 190 deg for 20 minutes or until golden.