1/1 Photo of Sydney Broccoli, Red Pepper & Tofu Stir Fry With Balsamic Vi
Published for safekeeping, from CSPN Nutrition Action Newsletter, June 2011. To heighten the taste, brown the broccoli and peppers well to create a rich, caramelized taste. If you prefer, you can use chicken or shrimp instead of tofu. Serve with brown rice or another whole grain.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu, water-packed, drained
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, for broccoli
- 1/2 lb broccoli floret
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, for red pepper
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced (I use red bell pepper)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, for tofu
- 4 scallions, sliced, for garnish
- 1Cut the tofu across the width into 6 slabs. Cut each slab in half to make 12 squares. Blot the tofu to remove some of the moisture and set aside.
- 2Whisk together the balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger in a small bowl and set aside.
- 3Saute the broccoli in 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat until bright green and starting to brown in places, about 5 minutes. Remove broccoli from the pan.
- 4Saute the red pepper in 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat until it starts to brown, about 3 minutes. Remove the red pepper from the pan.
- 5Saute the tofu in the remaining 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil over medium-high heat until browned, 2 minutes per side.
- 6Add the vinegar mixture to the tofu and simmer until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
- 7Return the broccoli and peppers to the pan and gently toss to coat with the sauce.
- 8Garnish with the scallions and serve with brown rice or another whole grain.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sydney Broccoli, Red Pepper & Tofu Stir Fry With Balsamic Vi
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.5
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 401.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 14.7 g