Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is by Peter Evans from Short Orders. I haven't tried this yet but it sounds really tasty so wanted to share.
- 250 g white fish fillets (Snapper Or Blue Eye)
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons Chinese wine (Shaohsing)
- 100 g water chestnuts (Finely Chopped)
- 50 g bamboo shoots (Cut Into Matchsticks)
- 2 spring greens (Green Part Only)
- 1 garlic clove (Chopped)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon chili bean paste (From Asian Deli's)
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 400 g fresh egg noodles
- Cut fish into bite size pieces and mix with the cornflour, egg white and 1 tablespoon rice wine.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a hot wok and stir fry fish for 1 minute.
- Pour in any remaining marinade and remaining rice wine.
- Add water chestnuts and bamboo shoots and stir-fry for a further 30 seconds.
- Remove the fish mixture, give the wok a quick wipe, then heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and stir fry spring onion, garlic and finger for 20 seconds.
- Add bean paste, soy sauce and chicken stock, cook stirring, for 1 minute, then return fish mixture to the pan.
- Meanwhile cook the egg noodles in a pot of boiling water for 1 minute, drain well, add noodles to the wok and toss well and heat through.
- Serve on a warmed serving platter or in Chinese bowls.