Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My husband loves this and I make it about once a week for him. Friends and family have asked me to make this for them and for get togethers. This salad is basically put together with anything you like in a salad. So you can add or not use what is listed. Have fun and enjoy making your taco salad supreme.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packagesmccormicks taco seasoning
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies (mild)
- 1 (12 ounce) can pinto beans (drained)
- 1 head lettuce (chopped)
- 4 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 (8 ounce) bagshredded fiesta blend cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) bagof nacho cheese plain Doritos (broken into pieces)
- 1 (3 7/8 ounce) can black olives (sliced)
- chopped jalapeno (optional)
- Brown beef and drain grease.
- Add green chilies, pinto beans,taco seasoning, and water.
- Cook for about 8 minutes.
- In a big bowl put in rest of ingredients and mix or layer it if you wish.
- Then add meat mixture and mix again.
- Top it off with some nacho chips.
- Serve with sour cream or taco sauce.
Loved this salad. I just used salsa for the dressing and thought it was great..
My mom made this when we were kids - glad to have found it again! I have had it with Thousand Island, French, Catalina, and Russian Dressing. My kids prefer the Russian. Enjoy!
We just thought this receipe was fantastic quick and easy crunchy and tasty the best