A friend gave me a heap of tamarillos so I needed a chutney recipe. Here's the one I found and Russ cooked up for us.
- To make chutney, cut a small cross on the base of each tamarillo. Put tamarillos in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 1 minute or until skin begins to peel. Drain and peel.
- Roughly chop and put in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and chilli. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add tamarillo, sugar, vinegar, raisins, allspice and cinnamon. Stir until well combined and sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and spoon chutney into a large, hot, sterilised jar.
this is very yummy i like this tamarillo