1/1 Photo of Tamarillo Chutney
A friend gave me a heap of tamarillos so I needed a chutney recipe. Here's the one I found and Russ cooked up for us.
My Private Note
cups ch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1To make chutney, cut a small cross on the base of each tamarillo. Put tamarillos in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 1 minute or until skin begins to peel. Drain and peel.
- 2Roughly chop and put in a bowl.
- 3Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and chilli. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until onion is soft.
- 4Add tamarillo, sugar, vinegar, raisins, allspice and cinnamon. Stir until well combined and sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and spoon chutney into a large, hot, sterilised jar.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tamarillo Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (542 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.6
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 133.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 122.8 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar