Prep 20 mins
Cook 14 mins
From the Simply Great Meals website. Tender, spicy chicken pieces served with a cool, sweet yoghurt sauce! Low calorie, low fat and low cholesterol.
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons indian tandoori paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 12 chicken tenderloins
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked in water
Sweet Carrot Yoghurt
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 (400 g) canjulienne carrots, well drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- oil (for cooking)
- cooked wild rice, for serving
- indian bread, for serving
- In a medium bowl combine the tomato paste, Tandoori paste, lemon juice and yoghurt.
- Thread a chicken tenderloin onto each skewer and place the skewered chicken pieces into a glass or ceramic dish (Tandoori paste may stain plastic containers). Spoon the tomato paste mixture over the chicken so that it is well covered. Cover the dish and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- In a medium bowl, combine the yoghurt, Julienne Carrots, cumin, honey and coriander. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Brush the heated barbecue grill or hotplate with oil and cook the chicken for 5-7 minutes on each side or until it is cooked through.
- Serve the chicken on a bed of wild rice with the sweet carrot yoghurt and warmed Indian bread, such as Roti or Naan.
- NOTE: Tenderloins refer to the small tender fillet attached to the underside of breast fillet.
Wow, this was good. I especially liked the Sweet Carrot Yoghurt. I used all of the chicken breast. I couldn't find any tandoori paste, so I used some vindaloo paste Vindaloo Paste (Indian) that I keep on hand. I'll definately make this again.