bluemoon downunder's Note:
From the Simply Great Meals website. Tender, spicy chicken pieces served with a cool, sweet yoghurt sauce! Low calorie, low fat and low cholesterol.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons indian tandoori paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 12 chicken tenderloins
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked in water
Sweet Carrot Yoghurt
- 1In a medium bowl combine the tomato paste, Tandoori paste, lemon juice and yoghurt.
- 2Thread a chicken tenderloin onto each skewer and place the skewered chicken pieces into a glass or ceramic dish (Tandoori paste may stain plastic containers). Spoon the tomato paste mixture over the chicken so that it is well covered. Cover the dish and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine the yoghurt, Julienne Carrots, cumin, honey and coriander. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 4Brush the heated barbecue grill or hotplate with oil and cook the chicken for 5-7 minutes on each side or until it is cooked through.
- 5Serve the chicken on a bed of wild rice with the sweet carrot yoghurt and warmed Indian bread, such as Roti or Naan.
- 6NOTE: Tenderloins refer to the small tender fillet attached to the underside of breast fillet.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tandoori Chicken With Sweet Carrot Yoghurt
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.9
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 8.9 mg
- Sodium 184.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: