Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A perfect balmy spring dessert using those lovely ripe lemons and navel oranges. You can prepare this dish the night before.
- In a saucepan bring the juices, rind and sugar to the boil. Remove from heat and remove rind.
- Dissolve the cornflour in the milk and gradually add to the juices.
- Return to a medium heat and cook, stirring continually, until mixture thickens and returns to the boil then simmer for 2-3 minutes then remove from heat.
- Place in a blender, add yogurt and puree for 10 seconds.
- Pour mixture into individual dishes or teacups, or one large bowl, and refrigerate until set and cold.
- Serve with a few raspberries.
This was a nice way to end the meal - especially for a summer's day...Half of the orange juice I used was bottled and it seemed to work ok although I don't think I'd do it all with it. No doubt this will make its way to the table again!!!!
This was good - pureeing the mixture in the blender really makes a difference - the texture is nice and light when set. I used Tropicana orange juice in place of fresh-squeezed, but I think this recipe would work best only with fresh-squeezed and would not recommend substituting. I also doubled the amount of sugar (my preference).