2 hrs 30 mins
I really want to try this, but haven't yet. Tell me how it goes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 small mangoes, pureed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon rind
- 1 cup cream
- 1Whisk gelatine into hot water with a fork and set aside.
- 2Beat egg yolks and sugar until creamy.
- 3Stir in mango puree, gelatine, lemon juice and rind.
- 4Whip cream until stiff and fold into mango mixture.
- 5Beat egg whites until stiff and lightly fold through mango mixture until well combined.
- 6Pour mousse into 6 individual lightly greased one-cup moulds OR one 1
- 75-litre mould.
- 8Refrigerate 2 hours or until set.
- 9For the sauce combine the water and sugar in a small saucepan and stir over low heat to dissolve sugar.
- 10Bring to the boil without stirring.
- 11Reduce heat.
- 12Simmer until liquid is reduced by half.
- 13Stir in passionfruit and simmer for 2 minutes.
- 15Serve mousse with sauce and fresh mango slices.
- 16WARNING: As the mousse contains uncooked egg do not give to pregnant persons (usually female).
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tangy Mango Mousse
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.2
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 185.2 mg
- Sodium 67.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 43.1 g
- Protein 6.6 g