Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I really want to try this, but haven't yet. Tell me how it goes.
Make and share this Tangy Mango Mousse recipe from Food.com.
- Whisk gelatine into hot water with a fork and set aside.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar until creamy.
- Stir in mango puree, gelatine, lemon juice and rind.
- Whip cream until stiff and fold into mango mixture.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and lightly fold through mango mixture until well combined.
- Pour mousse into 6 individual lightly greased one-cup moulds OR one 1
- 5-litre mould.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until set.
- For the sauce combine the water and sugar in a small saucepan and stir over low heat to dissolve sugar.
- Bring to the boil without stirring.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer until liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in passionfruit and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve mousse with sauce and fresh mango slices.
- WARNING: As the mousse contains uncooked egg do not give to pregnant persons (usually female).
I've made this several times now, it's a great 'company' dessert, which means, for me, at least, it cam be made in the morning and forgotten about until serving time. I've used lemon juice and also lime juice for a whole new dimension...delicious. It's a quite light mousse, especially nice after a rich, heavy main course.
this was wonderful--light and refreshing--a perfect summertime dessert! Followed the recipe as written, and wouldn't change a thing!! thanks for posting!! Teresa