Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick and tasty way I cook tomatoes on the BBQ. The ingredient quantities are not all that precise - just add to your own taste.
- 4 tomatoes (vine ripened is best)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cut tomatoes in half.
- drizzle with a little olive oil.
- sprinkle with basil.
- grind pepper over the top.
- I normally then pop in the fridge a while (say 30 mins) while working on other stuff as it helps the flavour develop.
- Cook uncut side down for around 5 minutes over low heat on BBQ plate.
- flip over and cook further 5 minutes with cut side down.
- return to original position for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
Really really good. Thank you.
Gotta love how easy this is. I'm not a big tomato fan but these were good. Thanks for sharing!