1/5 Photos of Tasty Lamb Shanks
1 hr 20 mins
Very tasty lamb shanks which are nice served on wasabi mashed potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 4 lamb shanks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 liter beef stock
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon szechwan pepper, crushed
- 2 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- 2Combine flour and 5 spice powder in bag.
- 3Toss shanks in the seasoned flour.
- 4Heat oil over stove to medium heat in oven proof casserole dish.
- 5Brown shanks in oil on all sides.
- 6Transfer to plate and set aside.
- 7Add onion, garlic and chilli to the same oven proof casserole dish and cook until onion softens.
- 8Add stock, vinegar, sauces, spices and lamb, bring to boil.
- 9Cover and place in oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- 10Remove from oven and strain sauce into saucepan.
- 11Combine cornflour with a little cold water.
- 12Stir into the sauce and bring to boil.
- 13Cook until thickened.
- 14Pour over shanks.
- 15This is nice served on wasabi mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tasty Lamb Shanks
Serving Size: 1 (588 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 731.1
- Calories from Fat 370
- Total Fat 41.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 242.1 mg
- Sodium 1650.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 75.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder