This is a real simple way of making tuna mornay. The kids love it and it's better than buying a jar of already made sauce because there are no preservatives and you know what's going into this sauce.
- Preheat oven to 180°Celsius.
- Cook pasta and let it drain.
- Melt butter and stir in flour.
- Gently add in milk, then take off of heat when its of a saucy consistency.
- Sometimes I have to add more or less milk or flour depending on outcome of consistency.
- Add in salt, pepper, paprika, mixed herbs, and tuna; mix together.
- Put pasta in a large dish (I normally have enough for two dishes), then pour sauce over. Mix the sauce through the pasta until it's thoroughly combined.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over the top; put in the oven for 20 minutes on 180 degrees c until cheese is melted and golden.
We had this last night and this was such a hit that my DSF requested the leftovers for tonight's dinner. That has NEVER happened!!
Quick, easy and very tasty. I had to use more milk to get my sauce the right consistency. I also added some chopped green onion for some colour, and substituted lemon pepper for the salt and pepper, because I'm a real fan of lemon pepper :)
Nice simple recipe, probably not the nicest mornay I've ever had but thought it deserved five stars because it was still very good while being so quick to make. I found quite a bit extra milk was required to achieve the right consistency, I think it's a recipe where you're best to adjust quantities to suit personal tastes.