Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Saw this recipe and just had to add it to Zaar so I wouldn't lose it... Originally from Australian Good Taste - December 2001. Recipe by Yael Grinham.
- 3 tatsoi, leaves picked, washed, dried
- 100 g baby spinach leaves, washed, dried
- 4 large ripe avocados, halved, stone removed, peeled, thinly sliced crossways
Roast garlic dressing
- 3 heads garlic
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons hot water
- *You can make the roast garlic dressing (steps 1-2) up to 1 day ahead. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge. Remove the dressing from the fridge 1 1/2 hours before serving to bring to room temperature.
- Roast garlic dressing: Preheat oven to 180°C To make roast garlic dressing, place garlic on a baking tray and roast in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until the garlic cloves are soft. Remove from the oven and set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Cut tops off garlic heads, squeeze soft garlic from each bulb, and place in a blender. Add red wine vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Blend until well combined. With motor running, gradually add oil in a thin steady steam until mixture is thick. Gradually add enough hot water to make a pouring consistency.
- Salad: Place the tatsoi, spinach and avocado in a large serving bowl and toss gently to combine. Drizzle the dressing over the salad.