Missy Wombat's Note:
Saw this recipe and just had to add it to Zaar so I wouldn't lose it... Originally from Australian Good Taste - December 2001. Recipe by Yael Grinham.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tatsoi, leaves picked, washed, dried
- 100 g baby spinach leaves, washed, dried
- 4 large ripe avocados, halved, stone removed, peeled, thinly sliced crossways
Roast garlic dressing
- 1*You can make the roast garlic dressing (steps 1-2) up to 1 day ahead. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge. Remove the dressing from the fridge 1 1/2 hours before serving to bring to room temperature.
- 2Roast garlic dressing: Preheat oven to 180°C To make roast garlic dressing, place garlic on a baking tray and roast in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until the garlic cloves are soft. Remove from the oven and set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- 3Cut tops off garlic heads, squeeze soft garlic from each bulb, and place in a blender. Add red wine vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Blend until well combined. With motor running, gradually add oil in a thin steady steam until mixture is thick. Gradually add enough hot water to make a pouring consistency.
- 4Salad: Place the tatsoi, spinach and avocado in a large serving bowl and toss gently to combine. Drizzle the dressing over the salad.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tatsoi & Avocado Salad With Roast Garlic Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.8
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: