1/3 Photos of Tavuk Doner - Chicken Doner
Chef floWer's Note:
This is not quite the chicken doner from the restaurants but it's quite easy to make and satisfy my cravings. You must use fresh chicken and not use chicken that has been previously frozen. You will need to prepare the chicken overnight and freeze. I had trouble slicing my chicken with an electric knife so I would defrost it a little longer then 45 minutes. This recipe comes from www.turkishcookbook.com - For the Aussies ground chicken = minced chicken - Does not include overnight marinating time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper, to seasoned chicken breast
- 175 g ground chicken
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1Place baking paper over chicken breast and using a meat tenderiser, hammer the chicken gentle to make it slightly thinner. Make sure you don't tear it, but it will not matter if you do. Repeat this with the other chicken breast. Seasoned the two chicken breast with salt and pepper and set aside.
- 2In a bowl add the onion, oregano, olive oil, salt and pepper into the ground chicken. Knead and give it a round shape, then place in the middle of the two pieces of chicken breast.
- 3Cover in plastic wrap and leave in the freezer overnight.
- 4The next day remove them from the fridge 45 minutes before cutting. Use a knife, electric knife or meat cutter to shred/slice chicken.
- 5Spray small amount of olive oil spray in a warm non-stick pan and cook chicken on both sides until slightly brown (be careful not to over-fry).
- 6To make the yoghurt sauce, mix all the sauce ingredients in a separate bowl.
- 7Serve it like a burger using Turkish bread rolls or as a wrap with pita bread. With lettuce leaves, tomato slices, onion slices and top with a generous amount of yoghurt sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tavuk Doner - Chicken Doner
Serving Size: 1 (1043 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.4
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 145.6 mg
- Sodium 205.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 51.6 g