1/1 Photo of Tempura Whatever You Like
This batter can be used for fish, prawn or vegetables e.g. onion rings, eggplant, cauliflower, broccoli, sweet potatoes, green beans, asparagus spears or whatever else you desire. Its not as light as some and much easier to coat your ingredient. I serve over a bed of fried egg noodles and garnish with a red chili.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Devein prawns or prepare vegetables. Keep in the fridge whilst preparing batter. Ensure your ingredient is dry before coating in batter.
- 2Mix cornflour, flour and baking powder together. Make a well in the centre and add soda water. Whisk well.
- 3Dip prawns or vegetables in batter and shallow fry in 1/2 cup hot oil or deep fry if preferred until lightly browned.
- 4Serve on a bed of fried noodles with chilli dipping sauce and plum sauce.
- 5Garnish with a chili flower.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tempura Whatever You Like
Serving Size: 1 (427 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.5
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 210.0 mg
- Sodium 1162.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 30.9 g