From Australian BH&G Diabetic Living issue 12 2007. Do not include marinating time which can be 20 minutes to 8 hours or cooking of potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g pork fillets (trimmed of excess fat)
- 80 ml vinegar (1/3 cup)
- 80 ml orange juice (1/3 cup fresh)
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (toasted)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed or minced)
- 80 g salad leaves (Asian mix)
- 4 large radishes (trimmed, washed and thinly sliced)
- 1/4 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 300 g potatoes (small coliban or chat, steamed and quartered)
- 1Place pork in a shallow glass or ceramic dish.
- 2In a small jug, whisk the vinegar, orange juice, teriyaki sauce, oil, sesame seeds and garlic and set aside 80ml (1/3 cup) of the marinade for the dressing.
- 3Add the remaining marinade to the pork, turning to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 20 minutes or up to 8 hours to marinate.
- 4Preheat the barbecue char-grill on medium.
- 5Drain the pork reserving the marinade and cook for 3-4 minutes each side, brushing occasionally with this reserved marinade.
- 6In a large bowl, toss the salad leaves, radishes, onion and potatoes.
- 7Diagonally slice the pork across the grain.
- 8Add the pork to the salad with the dressing and toss to coat.
- 9TIP - to toast the sesame seeds, dry fry in a small non-stick grying pan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Teriyaki Pork Salad
Serving Size: 1 (412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.2
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 78.7 mg
- Sodium 771.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 31.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: