Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Australian BH&G Diabetic Living issue 12 2007. Do not include marinating time which can be 20 minutes to 8 hours or cooking of potatoes.
- 250 g pork fillets (trimmed of excess fat)
- 80 ml vinegar (1/3 cup)
- 80 ml orange juice (1/3 cup fresh)
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (toasted)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed or minced)
- 80 g salad leaves (Asian mix)
- 4 large radishes (trimmed, washed and thinly sliced)
- 1⁄4 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 300 g potatoes (small coliban or chat, steamed and quartered)
- Place pork in a shallow glass or ceramic dish.
- In a small jug, whisk the vinegar, orange juice, teriyaki sauce, oil, sesame seeds and garlic and set aside 80ml (1/3 cup) of the marinade for the dressing.
- Add the remaining marinade to the pork, turning to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 20 minutes or up to 8 hours to marinate.
- Preheat the barbecue char-grill on medium.
- Drain the pork reserving the marinade and cook for 3-4 minutes each side, brushing occasionally with this reserved marinade.
- In a large bowl, toss the salad leaves, radishes, onion and potatoes.
- Diagonally slice the pork across the grain.
- Add the pork to the salad with the dressing and toss to coat.
- TIP - to toast the sesame seeds, dry fry in a small non-stick grying pan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted.
Port is one of the three main meats that I fix with some regularity, & this recipe for a full-meal salad, great for just the 2 of us, gives me a tasty new way to serve it! Definitely a keeper of a recipe! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]