I bought some Trevally and there wasn't a single recipe on 'Zaar to use it. So I did a wider search on the internet, and found this. From the Sydney Fish Markets.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted in a dry frypan
- 2 (180 g) fillets boneless white fish, such as Trevally
- 1 large zucchini or 2 small zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 green onions, finely sliced on the diagonal
- 1Combine the teriyaki, ginger, garlic, sugar, sesame oil and sesame seeds in a bowl. Add the fish, cover and marinate for 10-20 minutes.
- 2Trim the ends off the zucchini and quarter lengthways. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a high heat and add the oil. Add the zucchini and cook for about 2 minutes, until they begin to colour. Remove to a warm plate.
- 3Remove fillets from marinade, reserving marinade.
- 4Return the pan to the heat, add the Trevally fillets, and cook for 1-2 minutes, until the edges have turned opaque. Turn the fillets, add the zucchini and the reserved marinade and cook for a further 1-2 minutes, adding a few teaspoons of water if the marinade begins to caramelise.
- 5Arrange the zucchini on plates, top with fillets and garnish with green onion. Serve with steamed rice.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Teriyaki Trevally (Ocean Fish) Fillets W/ Sesame & Zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (411 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.6
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.6 mg
- Sodium 2077.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 47.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: