Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Corn tortillas filled with a cheesy chicken and salsa combination, then baked in the oven with a salsa and cheese topping. Serve with a salad or shredded lettuce and sour cream. Delicious. This recipe is gluten free but if you don't require your meals to be gluten free then you can use regular tortillas and your favourite salsa.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place the onions and butter in a frypan and using a medium heat cook until softened. Add half of the salsa, the cream cheese and 1/2 cup of the grated cheese. Stir until the cheese has melted.
- Warm the tortillas, either wrapped in foil and in the oven or using the microwave.
- Spread an even amount of the cheese mixture down the centre of each tortilla. Divide the chicken into 8 even portions and place on each tortilla on top of the cheese mixture.
- Roll each tortilla and place side-by-side on a greased baking tray (seam-side down).
- Spoon the remaining salsa over the top of the tortillas and then cover with the remaining 1 cup of grated cheese.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until heated through.
- Serves 4 as a main meal.
whats not to like?? all went together well, and easily. Used a mild salsa for the grandies, and they loved it! made for Aussie swap June 2013
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #73* This was quick and simple -- I used the left-over turkey breast from T-giving, and shredded taco blend cheese. I think the most variety of flavor would be the salsa used -- I wasn't particularly pleased with mild chipotle, chunky. Made a full casserole with plenty for another meal. Thanks for posting, Julie.
This was so good and I liked that I was able to make it earlier in the day and just have to pop it in the oven. I made it all just didn't put the salsa and cheese on top until putting it in the oven (wasn't sure if the salsa was going to make the tortillas soggy). I like enchiladas, but not all the sauce so this was perfect since I could use my favorite salsa on top. Will be making this again! Made for AUS/NZ Recipe Swap #72.