1/7 Photos of Tex-Mex Chicken Bake
Corn tortillas filled with a cheesy chicken and salsa combination, then baked in the oven with a salsa and cheese topping. Serve with a salad or shredded lettuce and sour cream. Delicious. This recipe is gluten free but if you don't require your meals to be gluten free then you can use regular tortillas and your favourite salsa.
My Private Note
baked t ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Place the onions and butter in a frypan and using a medium heat cook until softened. Add half of the salsa, the cream cheese and 1/2 cup of the grated cheese. Stir until the cheese has melted.
- 3Warm the tortillas, either wrapped in foil and in the oven or using the microwave.
- 4Spread an even amount of the cheese mixture down the centre of each tortilla. Divide the chicken into 8 even portions and place on each tortilla on top of the cheese mixture.
- 5Roll each tortilla and place side-by-side on a greased baking tray (seam-side down).
- 6Spoon the remaining salsa over the top of the tortillas and then cover with the remaining 1 cup of grated cheese.
- 7Bake 20-30 minutes or until heated through.
- 8Serves 4 as a main meal.
Browse Our Top South West Pacific Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex-Mex Chicken Bake
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.4
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 103.1 mg
- Sodium 1145.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 29.1 g