1/3 Photos of Thai Curry Chicken Pie
You will need 4 single serve oven proof bowls or pie dishes for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- salt and pepper
- 800 g chicken breasts, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 green onions, finely sliced
- 150 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tablespoons thai green curry paste
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 lime, grated and juice of
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1Season flour with salt and pepper.
- 2Toss chicken in flour then shake off excess.
- 3Heat oil in large skillet on high and cook chicken in batches for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown on all sides.
- 4Add the green onion and mushrooms, cook for 1 minute.
- 5Add the curry paste and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- 6Add coconut cream, kaffir lime leaves, peas, lime juice and rind, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 7Remove lime leaves and stir in coriander.
- 8Allow to cool.
- 9Preheat oven to 200C (400F).
- 10Lay pastry out on a work surface and cut two 1cm strips from sides of each sheet.
- 11Place one of the pie dishes upside down on the pastry sheet and cut out 4 circles, 1cm larger than the rim of the dish or bowl.
- 12Divide curry mixture between the pie dishes.
- 13Press a pastry strip around each rim and brush with water.
- 14Carefully lift pastry lids over top and press firmly around edges to seal well, trim edges with a sharp knife.
- 15Brush pie tops with beaten egg.
- 16Bake for 20 minutes or until puffed and golden.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Curry Chicken Pie
Serving Size: 1 (2200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1375.4
- Calories from Fat 860
- Total Fat 95.5 g
- Saturated Fat 37.4 g
- Cholesterol 180.8 mg
- Sodium 536.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 58.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green curry paste
kaffir lime leaves