You will need 4 single serve oven proof bowls or pie dishes for this recipe.
Make and share this Thai Curry Chicken Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- salt and pepper
- 800 g chicken breasts, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 green onions, finely sliced
- 150 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tablespoons thai green curry paste
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 lime, grated and juice of
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Season flour with salt and pepper.
- Toss chicken in flour then shake off excess.
- Heat oil in large skillet on high and cook chicken in batches for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown on all sides.
- Add the green onion and mushrooms, cook for 1 minute.
- Add the curry paste and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add coconut cream, kaffir lime leaves, peas, lime juice and rind, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove lime leaves and stir in coriander.
- Allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F).
- Lay pastry out on a work surface and cut two 1cm strips from sides of each sheet.
- Place one of the pie dishes upside down on the pastry sheet and cut out 4 circles, 1cm larger than the rim of the dish or bowl.
- Divide curry mixture between the pie dishes.
- Press a pastry strip around each rim and brush with water.
- Carefully lift pastry lids over top and press firmly around edges to seal well, trim edges with a sharp knife.
- Brush pie tops with beaten egg.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until puffed and golden.