Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Tender chicken roasted in Thai flavours.
Make and share this Thai-style Roast Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Wash and dry chicken.
- Combine all ingredients except chicken.
- Pour mixture inside and over chicken.
- Cover and allow to marinate in fridge for at least 1 hour (I usually try to leave it for 4 hours).
- Move to a wire rack baking tray.
- Bake, uncovered, in preheated 180C (350F) oven for 1 1/2 hours or until cooked, brushing occasionally with pan juices.
- Note, prep time does not include time to marinate.
This chicken came out very tender and moist. I marinated for 3 hours, and used the marinade to baste for the first hour and a half. I also made sure I pulled the skin up and soaked the meat underneath with the marinade. I didn't get a lot of flavor from the marinade in the meat, so I was disappointed in that. Everything aside, my roast chicken was very moist, and the meat can be used in any recipe calling for cooked chicken. I had just hoped for more flavor from the marinade. Made for Best of 2011 Tag game.
it's a winner!
10 stars for this! I made as written up to the cooking method, and then put it on the outdoor rotisserie instead of the oven. Turned out great. Will make this again during the winter when I don't mind using the oven :) I also think I will make a double batch of the marinade and set half aside to make a sauce from. Would be great over rice to go with the chicken.