1/1 Photo of The Great Aussie Meat Pie
1 hr 30 mins
Missy Wombat's Note:
Contemplating making a Pie Floater? Well here is the recipe for the pie. Posted in response to a request for Aussie recipes. Times are guesses.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown mince.
- 2Add onion finely diced and brown.
- 3Drain off fat.
- 4Add stock cubes crumbled, 1-½ cups of water, salt and pepper and stir until boiling.
- 5Reduce heat and cover, simmering for an additional 30 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7In a cup combine flour and extra water and stir until smooth.
- 8Add flour mixture to meat and stir until combined.
- 9Return to heat, stir until it comes to a boil and is thickened.
- 10Add Worcestershire sauce.
- 11Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes then remove from heat and refrigerate.
- 12Once cool fill in bottom of piecrust.
- 13Put top on and pierce the centre with a knife.
- 14Combine egg yolk with a bit of water and brush over the top.
- 15Follow directions on frozen pie crusts or bake at 400 for 5 minutes (or until golden brown) then reduce heat to moderate (200) and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Great Aussie Meat Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1014.1
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 585.3 mg
- Sodium 1685.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 156.1 g