1/2 Photos of The Maven's Fudge Brownies
This originates from the the Maven bakery in Santa Fe. This is now my favourite brownie recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips, the best quality you can manage
- 250 g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 2/3 cup sunflower oil
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 2 1/3 cups caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour, sifted
- 1 2/3 cups walnuts, roughly chopped
- icing sugar, for dusting
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius Grease and line a 30cm square pan with silicone paper.
- 2Combine the chocolate, butter, cocoa powder and oil in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring. Cool slightly.
- 3Beat the eggs, vanilla, coffee and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed for about 10 minutes or until thick and pale. Fold the warm chocolate mixture into the egg mixture until combined, then fold in the flour and walnuts until just combined.
- 4Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for about 4o minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out with a few moist crumbs, but is not sticky.
- 5Cool completely in the pan before turning out and cutting into 16 squares-dust with icing sugar before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Maven's Fudge Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (1747 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.4
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 91.7 mg
- Sodium 26.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 31.0 g
- Protein 6.3 g