Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is a variation of some of the spinach dips... it doesn't use sour cream, instead, it uses Greek yogurt. Use a hollowed out Cobb loaf of white bread (round loaf) to hold the ingredients So you can make this a low fat dip by using fat free mayo and yogurt. Add some garlic for a stronger taste.
- Drain the thawed spinach of excess liquid.
- Mix together all the ingredients, except for the loaf, in a medium bowl and refrigerate until you are ready to use.
- Hollow out the Cobb of bread and keep aside the removed bread (to be cut and toasted for 10 minutes in the oven) The Cobb shell needs to be baked to firm up the 'bowl' as this will be your dish for presentation of the dip.
- Once the Cobb is cool, fill with spinach dip just before serving. Place on a platter and surround it with the chopped, baked bread pieces that you reserved from the loaf.
- You may want to chop extra bread, crackers, or vegetable crudites (sliced veggies).