1/4 Photos of The Wiggles Orange Biscuits
Chef floWer's Note:
This is from 'Cooking fun with The Wiggles' cookbook. Little Miss (DD) loves the Wiggles, the Wiggles is a popular Australian kids show featuring four guys wearing four different colour shirts singing songs, cooking and playing games. She has their cookbook and this is the recipe she has chosen to make. I used egg substitute but needed to use 3.5 tablespoons of orange juice as the dough was a little dry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 90 g butter
- 1/3 cup raw sugar
- 1 eggs or 1 egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1/4 cups wholemeal self-rising flour
- 1/3 cup cornflour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 200 g dark chocolate melts or 200 g milk chocolate melts
- 1Beat the butter, sugar, egg and orange rind with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- 2With a wooden spoon, mix in orange juice, flour, corn flour and coconut until it forms a firm dough.
- 3Sprinkle a little flour on the bench or table and knead the dough gently till smooth.
- 4With your rolling pin, roll out the dough until 5 mm thick.
- 5Use your biscuit cutters to press out shapes, and place them on greased oven trays, leaving space for the biscuits to spread a little.
- 6Bake for 10 minutes in oven at 180°C.
- 7Remove from the oven and leave to rest 5-10 minutes before laying them out on a cooling rack.
- 8To decorate: Melt 200 grams of Choc Melts in a bowl by following the directions on the packet. Ask a grown-up to help. Paint the chocolate on the biscuits when they have cooled. You can paint spots, shapes or paint over the whole top of the biscuit.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Wiggles Orange Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (562 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.0
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 25.8 mg
- Sodium 64.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
wholemeal self-rising flour