Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Thursday Island is found at the Northern tip of Queensland where Australia meets Papua New Guinea.
Make and share this Thursday Island Nummus recipe from Food.com.
- Place the fish in a mixing bowl and pour about half a cup of vinegar over it.
- Gently knead the fish until it starts to"cook"; adding more vinegar if necessary.
- After a couple of minutes add half the lime of lemon juice and continue to kneadfor another minute.
- Add the salt and continue to knead until fish feels cooked (a minute or two should be enough).
- Add sugar, chilli, garlic, ginger, onion, and mix well.
- Add more juice and chilli if required.
- This dish can be eaten straight away but storing for several hours or overnight if you have the willpower (in the refrigerator) will enhance the flavours.