3 hrs 10 mins
Missy Wombat's Note:
Thursday Island is found at the Northern tip of Queensland where Australia meets Papua New Guinea.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the fish in a mixing bowl and pour about half a cup of vinegar over it.
- 2Gently knead the fish until it starts to"cook"; adding more vinegar if necessary.
- 3After a couple of minutes add half the lime of lemon juice and continue to kneadfor another minute.
- 4Add the salt and continue to knead until fish feels cooked (a minute or two should be enough).
- 5Add sugar, chilli, garlic, ginger, onion, and mix well.
- 6Add more juice and chilli if required.
- 7This dish can be eaten straight away but storing for several hours or overnight if you have the willpower (in the refrigerator) will enhance the flavours.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thursday Island Nummus
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.4
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 83.7 mg
- Sodium 1838.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 24.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: