A really cool salad I made as a kid. Really easy and a great way to make salad fun! Recipe comes from "step by step easy cooking for boys and girls" - my first cook book!
- Boil eggs until hard boiled.
- Place eggs in cold water and then shell.
- Slice top and bottom from egg so it can stand up.
- shred lettuce finely and put on plate.
- Peel cucumer, slice finely and place on top of lettuce.
- Stand the eggs on bed of lettuce and cucumber.
- Place 1/2 tomato on top of each egg.
- Dot mayonnaise on tomato halves to look like toadstools.
- (toothpicks to hold the tomato and eggs together sometimes helps).