Droopy Drawers, By Lucy Lastic's Note:
I like to have this when it's hot and I don't want a heavy meaty pasta. The tomato puree can easily be substituted with a can of crushed tomatoes, just note the cooking time will be a little bit longer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 400 g fresh fettuccine (or any type of long pasta will be fine)
- 100 g streaky bacon (I love bacon so I always use more)
- 2 large red chilies (optional) or 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 brown onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 275 ml tomato puree
- salt and black pepper
- chopped fresh Italian parsley (to garnish)
- 1Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water, following packet directions. Drain and keep warm.
- 2Trim the rind from the bacon and chop finely. Halve and de-seed the chillies if using, chop finely. Peel and chop the garlic and onion.
- 3Heat the oil over a medium heat. Fry the bacon gently until the fat begins to run. (at this stage I normally drain some of the fat away, but it's a personal preference).
- 4Add the onion and garlic and cook til slightly softened. Add the tomato and the chillies or chili powder. Simmer until slightly reduced. Season to taste.
- 5Return the pasta to the pan, stirring through until thoroughly mixed and hot.
- 6Garnish with the parsley and serve.
- 7Enjoy :).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato and Bacon Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.2
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 90.0 mg
- Sodium 254.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 15.6 g