A very easy to make lunch. If following a gluten free diet ensure gluten-free corn tortillas are used. You can make these in your frypan or flat sandwich toaster (the type that does not cut your bread). You can also add cooked shredded chicken, ham, avocado,onion, capsicums/peppers, herbs, salsa, chilli sauce-basically any ingredients that you would like in a toasted sandwich.
- Place one tortilla on a plate.
- Spread the sliced tomato over the tortilla and then the shredded cheese. I usually leave 1 inch around the edges of the tortilla free as it tends to spread when being cooked and cut.
- Top with the remaining tortilla.
- Place onto a lightly cooking oil sprayed frypan or sandwich toaster. If using the frypan you will need to flip over the quesadilla after a couple of minutes.
- Once the filling has warmed and the tortillas lightly toasted-it's done.
- Wait a minute and then carefully slice through and enjoy.