Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Makes a hearty breakfast or brunch for one, or a light meal for two.
Make and share this Tomato and Mushroom Omelette recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 small potato, grated
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 small tomatoes, diced
- 1 large mushroom, diced
- ground black pepper
- Whisk eggs in a bowl and stir in potato, cheese and chives.
- Pour mixture into a small frypan (preferably with a lid) that has been lightly sprayed with cooking oil.
- Evenly spread tomato and mushroom pieces over the top and season generously with black pepper.
- Cook over low-medium heat for 10-15 minutes until egg has set. You can set under a grill but I find this isn't necessary at a fairly low temperature especially if you cover the frypan during cooking.
my husband and I both enjoyed this yummy omelette! I did saute the potato and mushrooms before putting on top of the omelette. Thanks Peter! Made for the Australian Recipes Swap-Nov. 2009.
Frittata or Omelette by whichever name is delicious. Quick and easy to make, filling and satisfying, great flavors and wonderful texture. Made exactly as written, wouldn't change a thing. Thanks so much for sharing.
This is a very good omelet, I enjoyed the addition of mushrooms and tomatoes. I like when potatoes are added to omelets, it is like a full meal then. I can not have cheese so mine was made minus cheese and it still was very nice.