My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 900 g potatoes, small, peeled, quartered
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon black mustard seeds
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 long green chili, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 6 curry leaves
- 2 ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeds removed, cut into wedges
- 125 ml coconut milk
- salt and pepper
- 110 g baby spinach leaves
- 100 g cashew nuts
- 1Parboil potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water, drain.
- 2Heat oil in a large frypan over medium heat, add the mustard seeds and fry until they start to pop.
- 3Add onion and fry for 2 minutes or until softened.
- 4Add garlic, ginger, chilli and turmeric and fry, stirring for 1/2 minute.
- 5Add potato and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring to prevent catching.
- 6Add curry leaves, tomatoes and coconut milk.
- 7Season, then stir in spinach and nuts.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato and Potato Curry
Serving Size: 1 (419 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.6
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 205.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: