I'd never used ground turkey before but saw this recipe in Recipes + and was itching to try it. These burgers are so easy & so full of flavour, you can use any flavour gourmet chunky dip, I used a mixture of the red pepper & basil ones. In Australia these dips are made by Wattle Valley and a few other companies, I'm not sure of the availability overseas but Basil, Parmesan and Cashew Dip or something similar could be used as the dip addition.
- Combine mince, breadcrumbs, egg and dip together in a mixing bowl, season with salt & pepper.
- Shape into 4 large flat patties, cover & chill for 20 minutes.
- Heat a barbeque or non-stick frypan over moderate heat, cook for 3-4 mins each side or until tender but still moist.
- Stack patties on toasted buns (smeared with mayo if using) with greens, tomato & onion.
- Dollop with extra dip & serve.
Unfortunatly, I could not make this recipe as stated. I could not find the basil, parmasean flavored veggie dip. So, isntead I used dill flavored veggie dip. I know this changed the flavor. However, this is still a great recipe. The burgers were moist and full of flavor. Everyone enjoyed them. Thanks Mandy. Made for Bevy tag 2008.