1/1 Photo of Tomato Crumble Pie
This is adapted from the Herald-Sun newspaper. Fabulous side dish, great with fresh tomatoes. This can mostly can be made ahead, just have the topping ready and pop that on, and into the oven. If you don't use fairly thick slices of bread, you may want to cut down on the olive oil slightly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Grease a 4 cup capacity baking dish.
- 3Core and thickly dice tomatoes, Slice onion into thin rings and roughly chop fresh herbs.
- 4In a bowl add tomato, onion, herbs, mustard, salt and pepper. Toss well to combine.
- 5Add mixture to baking dish.
- 6Coarsely chop bread - use a food processor, and pulse until you have coarse crumbs.
- 7Toss with olive oil, pile on top of tomato mixture.
- 8Place in oven and cook for 30 minutes or until nice and brown and bubbling.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Crumble Pie
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.0
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 588.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: